I have a confession, I despise leftovers. I cannot eat something the next day except for lasagna and roast beef. I decided that I needed to come up with something to reduce food waste without having to eat leftovers. Fridge Forage is a cooking concept where I make new meals from ingredients I have on hand, or change already executed recipes into a new dish.
I created this recipe using mushrooms I had for another dish I didn’t end up making, cheese I had left over from a cheese plate plus large tortillas that I cut down to mini size.
6 to 8 Servings
5 Minutes To Prep
15 Minutes Cook Time
Does Not Store Well, So Eat It All
Difficulty Level ~ Easy
- 4 to 6 C of White Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 T of Butter
- 1/3 C of Green Onions, sliced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Slivered
- Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Paprika to taste
- Any leftover cheese, I used a Caraway Havarti (about 1 C shredded)
- Mini Tortillas, Large Tortillas, ( I used a drinking glass to cut smaller rounds from large flour tortillas)
- Melt butter in a skillet, add garlic and mushrooms, toss to coat. Cover skillet, turn down the heat and let the mushrooms sweat for about 10 minutes.
- Removed cover from skillet, turn heat up to medium/high, allow mushrooms to brown.
- Turn down heat and stir in cheese, and seasonings.
- Serve on warm tortillas and top with raw green onions.