I will say that I am not normally a fan of cooked veggies. I find them to be soggy and have a terrible smell. I then discovered grilled veggies and fell in love. The family I cook for recently returned from an extended trip to Spain and they brought back some awesome varieties of Paprika. I was grilling up some steak yesterday and decided to add the cauliflower as a spicy side. This was a very simple recipe here is what you need:Ingredients
- 1 Head of Cauliflower cut into large pieces (4 to 6) if using the whole head
- 1 to 2 T of Sweet Paprika, or to taste
- Some good quality sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Fresh Parsley, minced
Here are the steps:
- Toss the cauliflower in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and some of the paprika.
- Place in tin foil and seal the foil around the cauliflower.
- Place on the grill at a medium heat and let the cauliflower steam for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the cauliflower is semi soft, remove it from the foil and place it right in the grill and char it at a medium to high flame.
- I like to grill it so it still has some crunch.
- Remove from grill and place in a bowl and toss it with more paprika, salt and some sesame oil. Top with the fresh parsley.
This makes a great side dish to your favorite protein and also makes a good topping for a salad or for a crudités platter. I hope you enjoy!For my grilled skirt steak recipe that pairs great with the cauliflower, CLICK HERE