I love and I mean LOVE Pimiento Cheese. I am going to preface this by saying that if you’re southern, do not judge me on this recipe. This is a quick and easy version that allows me to get my fix. I know there are more complex ways to make it. Don’t Judge Me! Ha Ha!
This cheese can be eaten as a dip, traditionally on white bread as a tea sandwich, on burgers, or any way you choose.
Pimiento Cheese Dip
Serves 12 to 14
Prep Time – 20 Minutes
Stores up to 2 Weeks In Fridge
Level of Difficulty – Easy
- 2 , 8 oz Bricks Of Sharp Cheddar
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 C of Roasted Red Peppers, either roasted yourself or from a jar. If using a jar, drain.
- 1/3 C Capers
- 1 Medium Purple Onion, Minced
- 1/3 C Mayo
- 3 T Grainy Mustard
- 4 T Olive Juice
- 1 T Black Pepper
- 1 T Dry Mustard
- Grate the cheddar on the largest grate is using a box grater. Cheese should not be fine.
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor or use a mixer. Whip until smooth.
- Add in half the cheese, mayo, mustard, beat on high.
- Add in the olive juice, capers, onions, and seasonings. Beat on high.
- Add in the rest of the cheese, beat on high.
- If using a food processor add in the peppers, and pulse several times.
- If not using a processor, mince the peppers and beat on low into the cheese mixture.
You’re done! Eat and Enjoy!