Salami Roll Ups With Pickle and Dill
Salami Roll Ups with Pickle and Dill
I love this recipe for Summer. Going through my photo albums I actually see that I have a lot of salami and pickle themed recipes. These Salami Roll Ups with Pickle and Dill are definitely one of my top ten of Summer snacks. Lately I have been feeling nostalgic for what I think of as “pool snacks”. Snacks that are delicious while swimming or after a day of swimming. These are no exception. I make a big batch of these and you can snack on and slice as needed. There is a full, printable recipe at the bottom of this post, I am going to go over a few tips and tricks in the next few paragraphs.
Layering the Salami
I layer my salami in rows of three or four, and about five or six rows long. Make sure you overlap the salami so that you are making sort of a salami placemat. One tip that is not showing here is to do this on top of plastic wrap. I did not do that here and had to transfer it to a piece of plastic wrap so that I could roll and wrap it, but save yourself a headache and make your salami placemat on top of the plastic wrap from the start.
Spreading the Cream Cheese
I use the whipped cream cheese with chive. You can whip your own as well. Be sure to spread your cream cheese the opposite direction of the salami layers so you are not pulling up the salami slices with the cream cheese.
I used diced dill pickles, you can use sweet pickles or even relish. The smaller the pickle, the easier it is to roll. I also use fresh dill, you can use dried, as well as fresh chives which you can also sub with dried.
Use the plastic wrap to roll up your salami. I use the cream cheese to sort of “glue” it all together. I wrap it tight in the plastic wrap, twist the sides up and place it in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours. When it has sat, use a sharp knife to slice it and place on crackers.
Salami Roll Ups
If you love salami, cream cheese and pickles, this Summer appetizer is going to be right up your alley. We love to eat these sliced, on club crackers. To me, this is the perfect Summer snack.
- Approximately 18 to 20 slices of salami, sliced thin
- 1 cup of whipped cream cheese, I use the one with chive or veggies
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced dill
- 3/4 cup of diced pickles or 1/4 cup of relish
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced chives or green onions
- Club Crackers
- Layer the salami slices in rows of 3 or four slices and I do about 5 or 6 rows, make sure the are overlapping, into sort of a salami placemat. Make sure you layer this on a piece of plastic wrap so later you can use the wrap to roll and wrap.
- Spread the cream cheese across the salami going in the opposite direction of the salami layers so your don't "lift up" the salami as you're spreading.
- Sprinkle the dill, pickles, and chives across the salami.
- Use the plastic wrap to roll the salami into a tight log, the wrap the log in the plastic wrap, twist the ends and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the salami into rounds, serve on a club cracker. Sprinkle with dried dill.
If you like this recipe, you can check out another great pickle recipe for my Pickle Dip by CLICKING HERE.
You must log in to post a comment.