Asian Steak Sub Sandwiches
I love an easy weeknight meal and these Asian Steak Sub Sandwiches are no exception!
I love an easy weeknight meal and these Asian Steak Sub Sandwiches are no exception. These sub sandwiches use an Asian inspired marinade and shaved steak that I always buy from Aldi. The brand is called Old Neighborhood Shaved Steak and I have been buying it there for years. What I like most about this shaved steak is that it marinates quickly and cooks even quicker. I am always sure to gave a few packages on hand in the freezer for easy meals like this.
Asian Bagged Salad Kit
My other hack for these Asian Steak Sub Sandwiches, is to top these sandwiches with this Asian bagged salad kit. This saves time and money. I love the crunchy fresh veggies as well as the fried won tons and nuts in this kit. It goes perfectly with the tenderness of the beef on this sandwich. I have another recipe that uses this bagged salad kit. It is a grilled chicken sandwich, give it a try!
The addition of the grated onion in the marinade adds great flavor without changing the texture of the meat. This is especially perfect for kids who won’t even know the onion is in the recipe!
Asian Steak Sub Sandwiches Full Printable Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 T of brown sugar
- Grate a medium yellow onion on a cheese grater
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chinese 5 spice to taste, two teaspoons is what this recipe shows
- 2 lbs of shaved steak, I got mine at Aldi
- 6 French Rolls
- 1 Asian Bagged Salad Kit
- In a bowl whisk your soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, Chinese Five Spice, garlic powder and black pepper to taste, and your grated onion.
- Add your shaved beef to a ziploc bag or a bowl, pour over the marinade and marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, drain the marinade and sauté the beef for 10 minutes in a skillet with oil.
- Toast your rolls, add the beef, the salad part of the salad kit, top with the crunchy part of the salad kit and drizzle with the dressing.
*If you cannot find shaved steak, you can buy a sirloin steak or ribeye, place in freezer for 30 minutes, then slice thinly.
How To Serve
The perfect side dish to serve with these delicious subs is my famous BLT Pasta Salad. You can click here for this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!