Italian Sub Chop Sandwiches
Italian Sub Chop Sandwiches
I saw these sandwiches on tik tok being made at a deli in New York. The filling looked very similar to a hoagie dip I make for parties but the dressing looked different. I decided to try making this recipe for Mister Tipsy and football Sunday seemed like the perfect time to give it a try. It was a huge hit and it will definitely be going on our regular appetizer rotation. Made with deli meat and cheese, finely diced veggies like onions and tomatoes and a creamy dressing, this mix makes the perfect sandwich or salad.
Great For Parties
I made this into an actual sandwich for Mr. Tipsy but for parties it would be great served in a bowl with mini rolls placed along side it so that partygoers can enjoy little slider sandwiches. Those who may want a lower carb snack can eat the filling as a sandwich as well!
Size Matters When Making The Italian Sub Chop Sandwiches
Italian sub chop sandwiches require all the ingredients to be uniformly diced so that you create the perfect bite. While this filling takes a little bit of extra time to dice, it is a great way to practice your knife skills. Make sure that you have a sharp knife when making this and it will take no time at all.
Make It Ahead Of Time
This is a great dish to make ahead of time. Simply chop your veggies and deli meat ahead of time. Also make your dressing ahead of time. Just be sure to wait to mix the iceberg lettuce and the dressing with the other ingredients until right before you plan to serve.
One Unique Ingredient
The one ingredient I use that may be unique to some is this Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch Seasoning that is made by McCormick. You easily can get on Amazon or Walmart as well. I have been using this ingredient for decades. I mainly use it for my Linguine Salad Recipe but it is perfect in this recipe. If you absolutely cannot find it, you can easily make it yourself by mixing up the ingredients using your own spice collection.
- Poppy Seed
- Celery Seed
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Romano Cheese
- Sesame Seed
Full Printable Recipe
- 1/2 lb each of hard salami, ham, mozzarella and muenster cheeses
- 2 cups of finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of finely diced banana peppers
- 1 cup of finely diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of hoagie or red pepper spread (optional)
- 1 cup of mayo
- 3 tablespoons of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of Salad Supreme Seasoning or another all purpose seasoning
- 6 to 8 French Rolls
- Add the meats, cheeses, and veggies to a bowl and toss well to combine.
- In a bowl mix the mayo, Italian dressing and salad supreme until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the meat and veggie mixture.
- Toss well to combine.
- Serve on rolls or as a salad.
You can make this ahead of time by prepping the meats, cheese and veggies and dressings ahead of time. Wait to add the lettuce and dressing until right before serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I love making sandwiches, as they are my Mr. Tipsy’s favorite meal. One of his other favorite sandwiches is this classic sub sandwich. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!