Sheet Pan Crispy Chicken
Sheet Pan Crispy Chicken
Sheet pan crispy chicken is such a simple recipe I feel silly even typing it up for the blog. I know many are new cooks and this can be helpful for people not as confident in the kitchen. My Mom used to make chicken like this when I was growing up. Although Mom did not put sugar on her chicken. The sugar was something I learned from a Chef I worked for back in the day. Part of my childhood memories was standing at this pan with her and eating the crispy bits of chicken that would be left on the pan. The recipe uses one of my favorite classic seasonings called Poultry Magic that you can order on Amazon.
This sheet pan crispy chicken is baked with olive and seasonings and herbs until the skin is crispy and the meat is tender and juicy. It is a great meal for a busy weeknight.
Season With Your Heart
You will observe, when you read the recipe that I do not use measurements when stating the seasoning. This is because chicken tastes best when seasoned from the heart. I love using this Poultry Magic seasoning but you can easily season with the garlic and onion powders, paprika and some dried thyme and sage.
There are also other brands of poultry seasoning in stores and online, just make sure the one you buy isn’t JUST the poultry seasoning that is just dried herbs that we use for Thanksgiving.Make sure it has the garlic and onion powder and paprika.
Full, Printable Recipe
- 1 package each of legs and wings. (any amount you choose)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- Poultry Magic Seasoning
- Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Thyme, Dried Sage
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Remove the chicken from the package and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Add your chicken pieces and rub each one all over with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken piece with some white sugar then season each chicken piece well with the poultry magic seasoning and the salt and pepper. If you are not using the Poultry Magic seasoning, season with the seasonings listed above.
- Add the chicken to the oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. Every fifteen minutes, baste the chicken with the drippings in the pan. every oven is different, so use a thermometer or pull the chicken when it is golden brown and crispy.
- This recipe will work with thighs or breasts, but will bake longer.
The Perfect Side Dish
The perfect side dish for this recipe is for my Mini Mac and Cheese recipe. You can also make my Perfect Mashed Potatoes. This chicken can also be served with a salad and my delicious and easy blender dressing called French Quarter Dressing.