I love to offer a savory and a sweet option when I’m serving breakfast or brunch. I found a way to eliminate extra steps by creating this Chateau Foods Bread Dumpling French Toast Two Ways Recipe.
All you need to do is make Chateau Foods classic Bread Dumpling French Toast Recipe and Top it 2 Ways.
Classic Chateau Foods French Toast
- Bread Dumplings
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 2 T Vanilla Extract
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 T butter
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dunk dumplings in the mixture and and fry until golden brown turning once while frying.
Topping One – Candied Walnut & Bacon
- 1 C Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1/2 C Chopped Cooked Bacon
- Add butter to skillet and melt, add in brown sugar and whisk until combined, be sure it isn’t browning.
- Add in bacon and nuts and toss to coat all the nuts.
- Cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes until the nut mixture is caramelized.
Top your French Toast with the mixture!
Topping Two – Ham & Gruyere
- 1/2 Deli Sliced Ham
- 2 C Shredded Smoked Gruyere
- Top French Toast slices with ham then as much cheese as is your preference.
- Bake at 375 degrees.
- Smoked cheese does not melt the same way as non smoked cheese, so if you prefer a creamier melt, feel free to choose any other kind of cheese!
Serve with your sweet topped French Toast and watch your guests swoon.
Bread Dumplings are not read, while they look like bread they have a different flavor and delightful texture. They are a traditional Czech dish. There are a couple reasons why I choose to use Chateau Foods Bread dumplings in this recipe:
- The bread dumplings hold up really well in the French Toast batter, I can leave them to soak and they do not fall apart when I transfer them to he skillet. Which is a problem I often have when using regular bread.
- I can make the French Toast base ahead of time and the dumpling French Toast reheats really well in the oven or even the microwave, so it saves me a step the day of the brunch if I choose to make them ahead of time!
*This is a sponsored post, however all opinions are my own!