This tastes just like Gyro Meat and best of all it has no carbs and no artificial anything! The key to this recipe is grated onion.
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
Freezes Well, Keeps in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
Level of Difficulty – Easy
* You may need to update your spice cabinet for this one.
1 Lb of Ground Lamb, Or Ground Beef
1 Large Yellow Onion , Grated
1 T Dried Oregano
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Onion Powder
Dash of Cinnamon
1 T Dried Parsley
Couple of shakes of Cumin
1 t Dried Dill
1 t Dried Mustard
1 t Paprika
1 t Chili Powder
1 T Lemon Zest
Salt and Black PepperLittle bit of olive oil for cooking
- Mix ALL the ingredients together well, making sure to really work the spices into the meat.
- Get your skillet hot and add the oil.
- Drop heaping Tablespoons of meat mixture into the hot skillet.
- Gently press the meat mixture down into the skillet, making oddly shaped patties.
- Let cook for 5 to 7 minutes and flip.
- When you flip the first time add the salt and pepper. Also press the patties down a bit with a spatula so they are flatter.
- Cook the second side 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and cover with a lid and let cook for 10 min.
- Remove from pan and let patties rest 10 minutes.
- At this point you can serve them as is, or slice each patty very thin into strips.
- I serve with a sauce of yogurt, Dill and garlic salt mixed together.
- Cucumbers, onions and tomatoes are perfect for this board.