Taco Pasta is a weeknight meal that everyone will love. Your picky eaters will enjoy the simplicity of the noodles and seasoned beef and for the more adventurous types, toppings that will take the plain pasta to next level status. This has become a family favorite and I think it will be for your family too!
This recipe will easily feed a family of 4 with enough leftovers for a second meal. This recipe costs about $25 to make, but can be more cost effective if you limit your toppings.
Here is what you will need to buy:
- 1.5 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Yellow Onions, Diced
- 1 Box Of Pasta Shells
- 1 Regular Sized Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chili
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 2 T of Sour Cream, plus more for toppings
- 2 C of Shredded Taco Cheese, plus more for toppings
- 3 Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1 C of Ready Made Guacamole
- 1 C of Ready Made Salsa
The preparation is as follows:
- In a skillet with cooking oil start cooking your onions.
- Have a pot of water on to boil for the pasta and cook the pasta according to the package.
- When your onions are softened, add your ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in your can of tomatoes, do not drain the liquid.
- Add your pouch of taco seasoning.
- Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes while your pasta cooks.
- Drain your pasta, but add 1/3 cup of pasta water to your beef.
- Add the drained pasta to your beef mixture and let simmer in the mixture for ten minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- Add in the taco cheese and stir until melted.
That is it! The whole recipe is done in about 30 minutes. Each person can choose their toppings and enjoy their taco pasta to their liking.
This is an easy, delicious and affordable meal that I am sure everyone will love.
For another great recipe that is also easy, check out my recipe for Seasonal Fruit Salad