Crockpot Smoked Kielbasa and Kraut
This is hands down one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. Even if you cannot cook, you can make this Crockpot Smoked Kielbasa and Kraut recipe and your family will love it! It takes less than ten minutes to assemble the ingredients and can cook in as little as three hours in your crockpot but can also cook up to ten hours if you are at work. The flavors work so well together and it is also one of the most inexpensive dinners you can make that can also feed a lot of people. Here is what you will need to make this Crockpot Smoked Kielbasa and Kraut dinner:
- 1 14 ounce package of Smoked Polish Sausage
- 1 24 ounce jar of sauerkraut
- 1 C of Brown Sugar
- 1 Can of Beer
- 2 T of Yellow Mustard
- 2 T Dried Minced Onion
That is all you need! I got my Smoked Polish Sausage and Kraut at Aldi but you can use any kind. This recipe is one of my favorites when I am hosting a party and it is great for Football Sunday because it can be easily doubled or even tripled and it won’t cost you much money. The steps are also very easy.
- Cut the smoked polish sausage into two-inch pieces.
- Drain the Sauerkraut and I use kitchen shears to cut it up so it is not to stringy.
- In a sauce pan, combine the beer, brown sugar, mustard and minced onion and bring to a simmer. Stir until the brown sugar and mustard are dissolved.
- Spray your crock pot with non stick spray.
- Add the kraut and the sausage to your crock pot.
- Pour the beer and brown sugar mixture over the sausage and kraut.
- This recipe can cook on high for 3 hours or on low up to ten hours.
That is all there is to this recipe. You can serve with fried potatoes or mashed potatoes and a really good mustard for the sausage. I love to serve really good Polish Rye Bread with butter. This will make a great dinner your family is sure to love.
For more great Tipsy Recipes CLICK HERE!