Crockpot Smoked Kielbasa and Kraut
This is hands down one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. Even if you cannot cook, you can make this Crockpot Smoked Kielbasa and Kraut recipe. Your family will love it! It takes less than ten minutes to assemble the ingredients and can cook in as little as three hours in your crockpot but can also cook up to 8 hours if you are at work. This crockpot smoked kielbasa and kraut is made with smoked sausage, kraut and a delicious sauce that has flavors of beer, mustard, caraway seed and brown sugar. The flavors work so well together and it is also one of the most inexpensive dinners you can make that can also feed a lot of people.
The Full recipe is below, it is also printable and you can pin it to your Pinterest page using the Pinterest button in the top, right hand corner.
- 2 14 ounce packages of Smoked Polish Sausage
- 1 24 ounce jar of sauerkraut
- 1 C of Brown Sugar
- 1 Can of Beer
- 2 T of Yellow Mustard
- 2 T Dried Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seed
- Cut the smoked polish sausage into two-inch pieces.
- Drain the Sauerkraut and I use kitchen shears to cut it up so it is not to stringy.
- In a sauce pan, add a little butter or oil and sauté the caraway seeds for a couple minutes, then add then combine the beer, brown sugar, mustard and minced onion and bring to a simmer. Stir until the brown sugar and mustard are dissolved.
- Spray your crock pot with non stick spray.
- Add the kraut and the sausage to your crock pot.
- Pour the beer and brown sugar mixture over the sausage and kraut.
- This recipe can cook on high for 3 hours or on low up to eight hours.
That is all there is to this recipe. You can serve with fried potatoes or mashed potatoes and a really good mustard for the sausage. I love to serve really good Polish Rye Bread with butter. This will make a great dinner your family is sure to love.
For more great Tipsy Recipes CLICK HERE!