Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole
I am a collector of vintage cookbooks and recipe binders. Some of my favorites are the church cookbooks that are a collection of old recipes collected from the members and printed and sold as a fundraiser. One recipe that I kept seeing repeated from these cookbooks was a Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole. Something about it intrigued me. After reading through the many recipes for this classic dish, I decided to put my own spin on it. This Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole can be assembled ahead of time for an easy weeknight meal, it is great for a party or potluck and I am even thinking I may make it for some upcoming Football watch parties. It is super kid friendly but I can guarantee that grown ups will like it too. This recipe feeds at least 10 and all together the ingredients cost me about twenty dollars to make. I had some of the spices on hand, so if you need to buy the spices it would be a little bit more. So here is what you will need to make this Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole.
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Small Green Peppers, Diced
- Olive Oil for cooking
- 1C of Velveeta Cheese, Cubed (maybe a little more if you like it cheesy)
- 2 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 T of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 t of Black Pepper
- 2 t of Paprika
- 2 to 3 t of Garlic Salt
- 1 T of Dried Parsley
- 1 Bag of Frozen Crinkle Cut French Fries
- Non Stick Spray
- 2 Eggs, whisked.
Like all my recipes, the steps are super simple. So simple that you might be making this weekly! Here is what you need to do to make the Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole:
- Heat a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and add your onions and peppers and cook until soft.
- Next crumble your ground beef into the pan and cook until fully done. Use your spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. When my meat was done cooking I needed to drain it and then I returned it to the pan and reduced the heat to low.
- Next, add all you spices, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and cook the meat in it for a little bit.
- Next, add your velveeta cheese and keep stirring until it is all melted and delicious.
- Next add one cup of the sharp cheddar cheese and stir until it is well combined.
- Add your meat mixture to a standard size casserole dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Add your whisked eggs and stir into the meat. Make sure your meat is a little cool for this step so the eggs don’t cook.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/2 C of Cheddar Cheese.
- Next, arrange the frozen french fries on the top of the casserole until it is completely covered. I used about half the bag of fries for this recipe.
- Season your fries with a little of all the spices and salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- At the 45 minute mark, remove from oven and top with the remainder of the cheese. Then sprinkle some dried parsley on top.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until it is all crispy and the cheese is browned.
I didn’t include this in the recipe but you can make a fun buffet by adding bowls of shredded lettuce, onions, diced pickles, ketchup and mustard so everyone can top their piece of the casserole how they choose. I put some lettuce and pickles on mine and it was absolutely delicious. If you make this recipe and share it on Instagram or Facebook please me sure to tag me @thetipsyhousewife on Instagram and @tipsywife on Facebook. I love to see your creations! If you are a Pinterest fan, give me a follow there for lots of great recipes and recipe inspiration! I am The Tipsy Housewife on Pinterest! I hope you enjoy this Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole as much as we did!
For more great recipes check out the rest of my blog at TheTipsyHousewife.org
You must log in to post a comment.