Easy Sausage And Peppers
- 2 lbs of Italian sausage, I use one mild and one spicy
- 3 cups of good quality tomato sauce in the can
- 2 jars of marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 to 5 bell peppers, I use a variety of colors
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 to 5 cloves of crushed garlic
- `2 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Garlic and Onion Powders
- olive oil
- Rough chop your peppers and onions, add them to a casserole dish, toss with a little olive oil, season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders and oregano.
- Squeeze the sausage out of the casings and into the casserole, they don't have to be even pieces.
- Toss in the garlic and sliced potatoes, season again and toss with a little more oil.
- Mix the tomato sauce with 1 cup of oil, add the white sugar, mix, season with the salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and onion powders, pour over the sausage peppers and potatoes.
- Add the two jars of marinated artichokes with the juice, mix this all, cover with a lid or a piece of foil.
- Bake for about one hour at 375 degrees, some ovens take longer, uncover, stir carefully and bake at 375 degrees for about another 30 minutes. You will know when its dine when the sausage is cooked and the potatoes are soft.