Snap, Crackle Pop, Crispy Chicken
Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken
Baked crispy chicken is an easy dinner everyone will love. Perfect for sandwiches and salads too! My best friend and I love food and we always are discussing food or eating food. Out of nowhere she brings up this rice Krispie Chicken her Mom used to make. She described it to me as a baked crispy chicken. I was immediately mad that she has waited four years, since I started this blog, to tell me about this delicious recipe. She immediately asked her Mom for the recipe and I immediately made it. I decided to call this recipe, Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken because of its taste, texture and sounds it makes while eating it. Snap, crackle, pop crispy chicken is an easy, delicious, crispy baked chicken that everyone will love. Perfect for salads too!
My Bestie’s Mom Knows Best
My bestie’s Mom makes all the recipes I love. In addition to this Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken, she also shared a recipe for a fantastic Pickle Dip recipe that I often make and love. With the upcoming Summer season it is a great dip to eat on the boat or poolside. It also goes great on top of burgers. I will share her recipe, you can CLICK HERE for it. You will love this recipe as well as her baked crispy chicken is an easy dinner everyone will love. Perfect for sandwiches and salads too!
Making The Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken
There is a full, printable recipe card at the end of this post that you can easily follow, I just wanted to share a few tips to making this Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken.
- Stay organized when breading chicken, I use these coating bowls that I got from Pampered Chef. Best $30 I ever spent.
- I add mayo to the egg mixture as the mayo is oil and egg and it gives the chicken a crispier coating and the oil helps the chicken get golden brown as it bakes.
- While your oven preheats, allow the butter to melt on the pan before adding your coated chicken to it.
Letting Your Snap, Crackle, Pop Crispy Chicken Rest
This isn’t a mandatory step, but it does help keep the chicken from drying out. Allow the chicken after you coat it to rest in the pan for about 20 minutes before baking it. It brings the chicken up to room temp which shortens cooking time and stops the chicken from drying out.
The Full Recipe For Snap, Crackle, Pop, Crispy Chicken
- 2 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 cup of flour
- Seasoning salt to taste, I use about 2 teaspoons
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 3 chicken breasts split, and pounded out flat
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Butterfly and split your chicken breasts into two pieces each. Place in a ziploc bag and use a meat mallet to pound each breast out flat to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Whisk two eggs with the one tablespoon of mayo in a bowl.
- Add the rice krispies, flour and seasoned salt to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add the three tablespoons of the butter to a cookie sheet covered in foil, set the oven to preheat to 425 degrees, add the pan with the butter to the heating oven to melt the butter.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg, then the cereal mixture on both sides. Press the chicken into the cereal mix to make sure it sticks to the chicken. Add to the baking sheet with the melted butter.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes, flip and bake for 15 minutes more.