Creamy Broccoli Cheese Dip
Creamy Broccoli Cheese Dip
Creamy Broccoli Cheese Dip is the more delicious sister of Spinach Artichoke Dip. This is the holiday appetizer of your dreams. Easy to assemble ahead of time and pop in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes before serving to get bubbly and warm. Serve with a delicious bread or cracker for scooping up all the creamy goodness.
The full, printable recipe is linked at the ned of this post. There is also a Pinterest button on the top right corner of the card you can use to pin this recipe to save it. You can also hit the print button under the picture on the recipe card. This will bring up the condensed version that you can screen shot to dave to your phone. If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me there at The Tipsy Housewife.
Broccoli, The Star of the Show
I like to use fresh broccoli for this recipe. I think it has better flavor for the dip. You can use frozen broccoli, just be sure to drain it really well after boiling. I feel like the frozen broccoli tends to be more watery. I try not to use a lot of the stems for this recipe. This is up to you though.
I use this garlic, herb goat cheese for this recipe. You can use any creamy, herbed cheese you choose. take a look in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store. You can also use the Garlic and Herb Alouette brand Cheese. This is also a great cheese for this dip. Any soft cheese will do. I prefer the goat cheese because I like the flavor with the addition of the mushrooms and onions in this dip.
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 Cup of finely diced mushrooms, you can use more or less or even leave the mushrooms out.
- 8 ounces of your favorite, garlic and herb creamy cheese (the picture of the one I used is in the post, along with alternatives, I used a garlic and herb goat cheese)
- 1 regular sized can of any kind of "Cream Of" Campbell's Soup, I used Cream of Onion
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 bunch of broccoli, you need about 2.5 cups of broccoli once it is chopped, you can also use frozen
- A few chives for garnish
- Black Pepper
- Couple of shakes of Worcestershire Sauce or Soy Sauce
- In a skillet melt your two tablespoons of butter, add your onions and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown and soft. Add a few shakes of Worcestershire and sauté for another minute or two.
- Trim the broccoli florets from the stems and boil in salt water until the broccoli is tender. If you are using frozen broccoli, do the same. Drain and chop up the broccoli into small pieces. Add to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk your can of soup with the milk and pour into onion and mushroom mixture. Make sure the heat is very low on the pan. Whisk until well combined.
- Add your cheese to the skillet and whisk until melted and combined in the mix, it doesn't have to be totally smooth.
- Season with a pinch of paprika and black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the broccoli then give it all a toss so it is combined.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Top with sliced chives and serve with bread, crackers or anything you wish!