Instant Pot Ravioli In A Tomato Parmesan Broth
Instant Pot Ravioli in a Tomato Parmesan Broth
This easy instant pot ravioli in a tomato parmesan broth recipe is ready in minutes with hardly any prep. The ravioli come out tender and cheesy and the sauce is brothy and flavorful with tomato and parmesan. This dinner is great served with a crisp salad and some nice crusty bread to dip into the delicious broth.
The full, printable and pinterest pin-able recipe is linked at the end of this post. The next few paragraphs I share some pictures and links to the specific products I use. This is for those that need more clarification. If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, I post all of my recipe there. You can do so by CLICKING HERE.
The Sauce Packet
I have used this Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce for decades. There was a short time where it was difficult to find. I find it all over in any store I shop at and I also order it from Amazon time to time. It is usually in the same aisle as all the gravy mixes and taco seasonings. Additionally, there has been times I have also found it in the pasta sauce aisle.
Keep a couple of these on hand at all times. It is a delicious and easy dinner for one tossed with some simple pasta. I also have added this to my lasagna soup recipe as well. It has great flavor and makes a delicious broth for this recipe.
I use these ravioli from Aldi. You can use any ravioli you prefer. You do not have to use the EXACT amount as I do that this bag is, but try to get it close. I will say that I use this ravioli because it is hearty enough to stand up to the instant pot pressure. I have not ever had an issue using this brand in the instant pot.
These are affordable and delicious. I would recommend using a thicker frozen ravioli for this recipe like this one. Do not use a fresh ravioli as it will fall apart in the pressure cooker.
Brothy and Delicious
I like to remind everyone that this dish comes out soupy, you will not be getting a thick pasta sauce. This is very much like a formal Ravioli in Brodo which means Ravioli in Broth. I recommend serving this with a nice crusty bread to sop up all the delicious broth.
- *All products are pictured, explained and linked in the blog post
- 1 25 ounce bag of frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 Packet of Knorr brand Parma Rosa Sauce Mix
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 14.5 ounces of milk
- Approximately 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan (more or less can be used)
- Dried Parsley
- Black Pepper
- Dried Basil
- Add the frozen ravioli to your instant pot.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes, the butter, the milk and the packet of parma rosa sauce.
- I just give it all a little toss. You wan to make sure you don't have too many raviolis settled on the bottom, as newer models of instant pots can give a burn notice so they recommend not stirring. Mine is an older model so I do not deal with this issue.
- Set your instant pot to manual, high, and 6 to 8 minutes.
- When the instant pot comes up to temp and finishes the cooking time, let it naturally release for 12 minutes, then release the rest of the steam,.
- This is meant to be a brothy dish, served in a bowl. I add the ravioli to a large bowl and carefull stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve in bowls, top with black pepper, dried parsley and basil and serve with a crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.
To Make This Without An Instant Pot
- Boil your ravioli until it is al dente, you want to make sure the ravioli isn't overcooked as it will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add your packet of parma rosa sauce to your milk and whisk until it is mostly dissolved.
- Add your butter to a deep sided skillet, let it melt, and then the milk parma rosa mixture, bring to a low boil, and simmer whisking most of the time.
- When it has simmered for about 10 minutes add your cooked and drained ravioli carefully, and your can of diced tomatoes, toss carefully to coat, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it sit for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the same as above. This sauce may be slightly thicker then the instant pot version.
Another Easy Pasta Recipe
If you like this ravioli recipe, you must give my recipe for these Tomato Bow Ties with Chicken a try. You make a delicious tomato butter with this recipe and simple grilled and flavorful chicken.