This recipe requires 6 ingredients and takes about 30 to 40 minutes from start to finish. This Lasagna Skillet is perfect for when you are craving lasagna and don’t have the time to or energy to prepare a whole lasagna.
To start you will need the following ingredients:
1 C of Ricotta Cheese
2 C of Bite Sized Fresh Mozzarella, I used the marinated kind you can use this or plain.
1 Tube of Breakfast Sausage
1 Box Of Bow Tie Pasta
1 Jar of Your Favorite Marinara Sauce
1 Small Jar of Alfredo Sauce
- Heat a deep skillet and add a little bit of olive oil.
- Add the breakfast sausage, brown and break up the meat.
- When the meat is browned add the uncooked pasta and combine well with the meat.
- Add one cup of water, 3/4 of the Pasta Sauce and all of the Alfredo Sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, give it a good stir and cover with a tight lid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until your pasta is nearly soft.
- Add the fresh mozzarella and give it a good stir.
- Next, add spoonfuls of the ricotta throughout the skillet and do the same with the remaining sauce.
- I used some fresh basil on top, you don’t have to do this step.
- Cover with the lid and let it cook for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Uncover and let the pan sit for about 5 minutes. Top with fresh basil or fresh parmesan if desired.
All together this recipe cost about $20.00 to prepare and is enough for a family of four with leftovers. It is a delicious weeknight meal and is special enough for a Sunday dinner. I hope you enjoy it!
Check out this video tutorial I made on how to make this dish!
For another great recipe, check out my Cheater Chicken Parmesan